TLNA Minutes for Thursday, January 24, 2002
Present: Susan Bauman-Duren, Jim Zychowicz, Sal Calomino,Richard Linster, Rex Loehe, Gay Davidson-Zielske, Diane Brusoe, Suzanne Rybeck,Bob Shaw, Kathleen Rideout, Rob Latousek, Pat McDonnell, Sandra Ward, JoeBrogan, Fran Ingebritson, Margaret Bergamini, Gigi Holland
Absent with call or email:
*Note: I believe there may have been some council memberspresent who did not sign in on the attendance sheet.
- 7:20 p.m. Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes for November and December 2001
i. Motionby Richard Linster for approval of November and December 2001 Minutes. Motioncarried on a voice vote.
- Rob Latousek, Secretary Treasurer of the Tenney Lapham Corporation.
- Motion by Rex Loehe to approve new board members to the Tenney Lapham Corporation. Motion seconded by Diane Brusoe. Motion carried on a voice vote.
- New Project: Replace Welcome Sign. Current sign is about 12 years old and is showing wear. Would like to replace with something in the Arts/Crafts style or Frank Lloyd Wright (he grew up in the neighborhood). Considering applying for one of the community enhancement grants. Estimated cost is $776.00, therefore would seek grant for $900-$1000. However, need other financial support for grant approval of 50% from the neighborhood (approximately $500). Motion by Margaret Bergamini to approve a contribution in the amount not to exceed $1000 for the replacement of the welcome sign. Motion was seconded by Sal Calomino. The motion passed on a voice vote.
- Committee Chair Reports:
- Safety – Jim Zychowicz, Sal Calomino:
i. 2ndAnnual Police forum March 21 at regular monthly meeting.
ii. Talkingwith Alders Dorothy Borchardt and Matt Sloan regarding nuisance houses.
iii. SCCgrants – application for matching grant video for production of PublicService Announcement (local access). Motion by Gay Davidson-Zielske to give$100 for matching grant for class safety PSA production. Motion seconded by JimZychowicz. Motion carried on a voice vote.
- Gigi Holland: current zoning is leading to nuisance housing. Susan Bauman-Duren appointed working group to report issues and areas back to TLNA: Gigi Holland, Fran Ingebritson, Jim Zychowicz, and Sal Calomino.
- Margaret Bergamini: Discussion of grant for park.
- Kathleen Rideout: Discussion of traffic islands (handout).
- Adjournment: Motion to adjourn by Margaret Bergamini. Motion seconded by
Jim Zychowicz. Motion carried on a voice vote.
Return toMinutes Table of Contents