June 23, 2005
Present: CherylWittke, Bob Summerfeldt, Susan Bauman-Duren, Bob Shaw, David Waugh, PatMcDonnell, Carol Trone
1. 1. Believing that they lacked a quorum, a vote for adoption of May 26, 2005 minutes was not taken. [Note that it turns out that there was a quorum because the bylaws specify that 7 is a quorum.]
2. No progress reported from those present on Council Committeework plans.
3. Pat McDonnell presented the proposed chapter format for the revisedNeighborhood Plan. Each of the 6main chapters will include a vision statement and a list of goals.
Pat McDonnell will forward the templateto each chapter lead on the Plan working group.
General discussion followedregarding desired content for some Plan chapters including:
a. A focus on familyowner-occupancy for Chapter 1, ���Zoning, Land Use & Redevelopment���.
b. For Chapter 6, ���CommunityBuilding���, consideration of a community room, an Atwood-type community center,and strengthening ties to schools.
c. For Chapter 4, ���Parks���,discussion of strategies for obtaining funding for public art, such aswind/sound sculptures.
4. Susan Bauman-Duren discussed the history and prospects forusing the dollars earmarked for a Tenney Park Monument.
5. Congratulations offered by all to Carol Trone for earning herPh.D. in Educational Policy Studies.
6. Discussion item: holdjust one Jul/Aug council meeting based on availability of a quorum.
7. Topic for next meeting: Discussion of multi-neighborhood ���Downtown and East Isthmus Traffic andStreet-Use��� paper was tabled at the April meeting and should be taken up thenext council meeting. Our sister NAsare proposing a combined meeting with alders Konkel, Olson, Benford andVerveer.
8. TID note: meetingregarding Salvation Army block to be held on 6/28 at 4:00 p.m.
Informal meeting ended at 8:30.
Minutes submitted by Pat McDonnell
Return to Home Page