TLNA Minutes for Thursday, December 20, 2001
Present: Susan Bauman-Duren, Mike Theo, Alfred Meyer,Richard Linster, Jim Zychowicz, Sal Calomino, Rex Loehe, Brenda Konkel, GayDavidson-Zielske, Carol Weidel, Diane Brusoe, Suzanne Rybeck, Gerrit Conger,Jessi Mulhall, Lonnie Richardson, Pat McDonnell, Sandy Wood, Joe Brogan, FranIngebritson, Margaret Bergamini
Absent with call or email:
Note: I believe there may have been some council memberspresent who did not sign in on the attendance sheet.
- 7:00 p.m. Call to Order
- Major Paul Moore & Barbara Lindsay (Salvation Army)
- New house in the neighborhood: The Holly House, previously known as The House That Women Built.
- Major Moore and Barbara Lindsay reported to the council that the Holly House would be opening soon, and addressed the questions and concerns of members and residents in attendance.
- Mark Fraire: Request for support for a skateboard Park.
- Mark Fraire had a family emergency and Susan Bauman-Duren reported that this issue would be taken up at the next council meeting.
- Pat McDonnell & Sandy Ward: Request for support for “No Alcohol in Park”.
- It was reported that there have been a number of police calls at a house on North Paterson Street by the park, problem with bar time drive up at 1:00-2:30 a.m.
- Talked with police, streets and zoning regarding “No Alcohol” signage (refer to handout), which has been used in other areas in the city. Question of who has jurisdiction. Estimated cost $200-$300.
- Motion by Mike Theo: Have TLNA via the Safety Committee send a letter to the Madison Common Council and Ald. Brenda Konkel will make motion to refer to the Board of Public Works and Parks. Motion seconded by Carol Weidel and passed on a voice vote.
- Elected Officials Report – Ald. Brenda Konkel
- 5 weeks until next council meeting
- Passed budget and voted for more police officers.
- Police Chief Williams wants to meet with each council person – Brenda will ask to bring Jim and Sal along.
- The blinking light is fixed.
- Responses to curb cuts.
- Two big issues pending:
i. Redistricting(refer to attached WSJ article).
ii. Questionsregarding digging at 204 & 208 N. Livingston (told permits issued andwithin code).
1. Discussion and Motion: Have Housing Chair in conjunction withJim, Sal and Brenda, draft letter to Mark Ollinger, Directory of Planning andCommunity Development asking for clarification of footage and greenspace andsupportive of Tim Olsen’s concerns raised in his emails. Motion secondedby Diane and passed on voice vote.
- Richard Linster: January 24, 2002, 5:00-7:00 pm, Winter Pot Luck at Christ Presbyterian Church.
- Margaret Bergamini: Tenney wood tree removal will be taking place in preparation for spring planting. More informati8on will be following in the neighborhood newsletter.
- Motion to adjourn by Rex Loehe. Seconded by Carol Weidel. Motion carried on a voice vote.
Return toMinutes Table of Contents