TLNA Minutes for 1-23-03
Council Members Present: Rex Loehe, Carol Weidel, Kathleen Rideout, Sandy Ward, SalCalomino, Richard Linster, Susan Bauman Duren, Brenda Konkel, Diane Brusoe, PatMcDonnell, Joe Brogan, Bob Shaw, Gay Davidson-Zielske
I. Meeting Called to Order 7:44 p.m.
II. Distribution and Approval of Minutes for 12-19-02
a. Motion to Approve Minutes by Richard Linster
b. Seconded by Carol Weidel
c. Motion Carried on a Voice Vote
III. New Business
a. Pat Sternael and Radleigh Becker of the Red Cross regardingBlood Drive between Christ Presbyterian Church and TLNA (Please refer to RedCross handout for further details).
1. Carol Weidel moved to sponsor blood drive with ChristPresbyterian Church in April.
2. Motion seconded by Kathleen Rideout.
3. Motion carried on a voice vote.
4. Diane Brusoe, as the TLNA Community Services Chair,volunteered to be point person for the Red Cross to help coordinate event.
b. Michael Basford: Brief Presentation on Mayoral Forum.
IV. Alder Report – Brenda Konkel
a. Breese Stevens Committee: next meeting will receive reportregarding historic information to determine if bleachers should be kept, etc.
b. $10,000 for historic bathrooms in budget.
c. 18 N. Baldwin Street: the appeal failed (needed 2/3 Councilvote).
1. Developers learned a lot about dealing with Tenney-Laphamneighborhood and the requirement for conditional use permits.
V. Committee Reports
a. Safety – Sandy Ward
1. In November and December there were a number of burglaries onSherman Avenue and Norris Court.
2. Sal Calomino and Jim Zychowicz continue to experience noiseand vandalism at their home.
3. The Madison Police Department is looking into the possibilityof sharing a Neighborhood Police Officer with the Williamson Street area.
4. There was a break-in at the Tenney Lapham Shelter and therewas $1000.00 damage. City isself-insured.
b. Community Service – Diane Brusoe
c. Newsletter – Bob Shaw
d. Education – Joe Brogan
e. Membership – Richard Linster
f. Transportation –
g. Social – Gay Davidson-Zielske
VI. New Business
a. Greg Monroe: expressed concerns in opposition to the proposedsailing facility at Burrows Park.
1. Bob Shaw noted that he didn’t know much about the issueand would like more information before taking a vote on this matter.
a. Carol Weidel moved to adjourn.
b. Motion seconded by Sandy Ward.
c. Motion carried on a voice vote.